Posted Tuesday 04 Oct 2011
The Department of Performing and Screen Arts at Unitec have a full-time vacancy for a Lecturer to teach all aspects of editing.
As well as teaching you will be actively involved in research and curriculum design and development. Applicants must have:
- A tertiary qualification in the relevant subject area/s of discipline
- A relevant and ongoing discipline based practice contribution to the profession/industry/ - community in editing
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching/mentoring in the areas of editing practices
- The capacity to engage in research relevant to the discipline
- A proven track record in a range of editing which must include drama and documentary
- A sound knowledge of editing technology, including the Avid editing system, special effects and equipment
- A sound knowledge of editing techniques, collaborative work practices, terminology and grammar, protocols, courtesies, roles/responsibilities
- A proven contribution to curriculum design and development would be an advantage.
This tenured full time position reports to the Curriculum Leader, Screen. Applications close on Sunday, 9 October 2011. For a position description and to apply, visit www.jobs.unitec.ac.nz