Posted Wednesday 12 Jun 2013
The Athena Film Festival-- A Celebration of Women and Leadership will take place at Barnard College in New York City the weekend of February 6th-9th, 2014.
They are accepting submissions for the festival from June 15-September 15. You will find the submission overview below and all the information on how to submit a film here.
They are looking for documentaries, features, and shorts that:
* Reveal the diverse narratives of women leaders from all walks of life-narratives of ambition, courage, strength and resilience.
* Showcase women leaders who help us interpret the reality of the modern world-captivating stories of truth, determination, innovation and vision.
* Highlight the talents of emerging artists - capturing a new generation's take on what truly makes exemplary women leaders.
Important Information To Keep in Mind:
* All films must feature a female in a leadership position at the center of the story.
* Films may be directed by a person or people of any gender.
***** Films that are directed by women but do not focus on female leadership will not be considered.*****
The Athena Film Festival is committed to ensuring that filmmakers across the globe have the opportunity to become involved in this great event. They would greatly appreciate it if WIFT members could spread the word to others who you think would be interested in this opportunity.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.