The 2015 Hamptons International Film Festival: Women Calling the Shots will host a screening of short films made by Women In Film & Television members from around the world at the 23rd Annual Hamptons International Film Festival.
Submissions must be RECEIVED at the NYWIFT Offices by Thursday, July 16th, 2015
A joint venture of the Hamptons International Film Festival (HIFF) and New York Women In Film & Television (NYWIFT), Women Calling the Shots is in its 13th year of screenings. This series gives voice to the creative visions of women through film and video, including narrative, documentary, animation and experimental works.
NYWIFT invites its members, as well as members of Women in Film chapters from around the world to submit their short films for consideration for this programme that is curated by NYWIFT and HIFF. No submission fee is required for applications.
- This application must be submitted by email.
- Included a one page synopsis for each submission.
- SHORTS ONLY: Films must be 20 minutes or less in running time.
- Film submission: Submit an online link. (Password must be good through October 9th, 2015. The submission will be disqualified if the review panel is unable to view the work with the link.)
- To submit a film, download and complete the submission form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Multiple submissions must be sent as separate emails.
- Non-English films must have subtitles.
- Completion Date: Films must have been completed after May 31st, 2014.
- Previous submissions will not be accepted.
- Submitted films must not have been released theatrically or received a U.S. television broadcast.
Please Note: Submitting a film for the Women Calling the Shots showcase does not qualify as a submission of your film for the main slate of The Hamptons International Film Festival.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Now in its 23rd year, the Hamptons International Film Festival (HIFF) has screened the eventual Best Picture Oscar winner in 6 of the last 7 years (including Birdman in 2014) and is the only Festival on the East Coast with such a distinction. The Festival, with an impassioned and uniquely influential audience, attracts over 25,000 visitors to theatres across the picturesque New York communities of East Hampton, Southampton, Montauk, and Sag Harbour. With cash prizes handed out totaling more than US$45,000, HIFF continues to attract some of the best films of the year.