Posted Monday 29 May 2017
Want to send your short film on holiday, to that mecca of east-coast American wealth - the Hamptons?
As part of the Hamptons International Film Festival (October 5-9, 2017), the Women Calling the Shots showcase of short films made by women filmmakers is taking submissions from around the world.
A partnership between the Hamptons International Film Festival (HIFF) and New York Women in Film & Television (NYWIFT), Women Calling the Shots is in its 15th year. The series gives voice to the creative visions of women through film and video, including narrative, documentary, animation and experimental works.
NYWIFT invites its members, as well as members of Women in Film chapters worldwide, to submit their short films for consideration for the programme. No submission fee is required for applications.
- SHORTS ONLY: Films must be 20 minutes or less in running time. (There will be no exceptions for films with extended running times.)
- Completion Date: Films must have been completed after January 31st, 2016.
- Previous submissions will not be accepted.
- Submitted films must not have been released theatrically or received a U.S. television broadcast.
- Submitted films must not have been released publicly online prior to the festival.
Submissions must be received by Thursday, June 15, 2017 (11:59pmEastern Standard Time). (No exceptions for late submissions.)
Please Note: Submitting a film for the Women Calling the Shots showcase does not qualify it as a submission for the main slate of The Hamptons International Film Festival.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM