Posted Tuesday 11 May 2021
Filmmakers, here's a great way to show off your short film. Members of Women in Film chapters worldwide (that's you!) are invited to submit their short films for consideration for this programme curated by New York Women in Film & Television (NYWIFT) and the Hamptons International Film Festival (HIFF). A partnership between HIFF and NYWIFT, Women Calling the Shots is in its 18th year. The series gives voice to the creative visions of women through film and video, including scripted, documentary, animation and experimental works.
Submissions must be received by Friday 25 June, 2021 (11:59pm Eastern Time).
No submission fee is required for applications.
– SHORTS ONLY: Films must be 20 minutes or less in running time. (There will be no exceptions for films with extended running times.)
– Completion Date: Films must have been completed after 31 January, 2020.
– Previous submissions will not be accepted.
– Submitted films must not have been released theatrically or have received a U.S. television broadcast.
– Submitted films must not have been released publicly online prior to the festival.
– You must be a member of NYWIFT or another WIFTI chapter in order to qualify.
Submissions must be received by 11:59pm Eastern Time on Friday 25 June, 2021 - that's Saturday 26 June at 3:59pm in New Zealand
Click here for more information and to submit your film