Posted Tuesday 13 Dec 2022
Calling all independent, experienced and adventurous artists for the 2023 residency at Tāwharanui Regional Park. The Artist in Residence creates new work influenced in some way by the park, and shares their work with the public.
This residency offers:
- a place and space to inspire new work in response to park living.
- free accommodation in a seaside cottage in stunning surroundings.
- freedom to create in any art form.
- 24/7 exposure to natural environments - all moods, tides and weather conditions.
- a weekly fee toward artmaking supplies, material, equipment, tools etc.
- a chance to interact with park rangers, visitors and volunteers.
Filmmaker and photographer Denise Batchelor was the 2013 artist in residence in the Waitakere Ranges, where she lived and worked in the park for eight weeks.
Applications open for this residency on 15 December 2022 and close on 17 February 2023.