Posted Tuesday 14 Jun 2022
Come and get an introduction to cinematography and camera skills at this intensive one-day workshop run by Film Bay of Plenty. The programme will include practical demonstrations with cameras and lights, theory and insights from Donny’s personal experience and stills and video excerpts.
Topics covered will include:
• Preparation and director collaboration
• Choice of equipment and new technologies - practical demo
• Camera movement, lens options, continuity and lines of action
• Virtual Cinematography, green-screen and Vis FX
• Overview of lighting techniques - practical demo
• Attitude and the importance of professionalism
• Useful apps and resources for cinematography
This course will appeal to a wide range of experience levels including camera operators looking at broadening their experience, camera assistants wanting to move up in their careers, and directors wanting inside knowledge about the craft.
When: 2 July, from 9am-4pm.
Where: Village Cinema Tauranga.
Cost: $5 per person.
Donny Duncan NZCS, has been a cinematographer for over 30 years, with a wide-ranging career that includes music videos, short films, documentaries, TVC’s, international tv series, local feature films and US tele-movies. Among his DP credits are five seasons of Universal Television’s Xena: Warrior Princess, two seasons of ABC television’s Legend of the Seeker, four telemovies for the Disney Channel USA, and NZ feature films Snakeskin and Kiwi Christmas. He has also lectured in cinematography for two years at the Unitec School of Performing and Screen Arts and is currently the part-time Professional Development Manager for the NZ Cinematographers Society.