Posted Sunday 29 May 2022
If you're looking to showcase your short film, look no further. Women Calling the Shots will showcase short films made by women filmmakers at the Hamptons International Film Festival this year, and the organisers are calling for submissions from members of WIFTI chapters around the world.
The deadline is 24 June, and there's no submission fee - what are you waiting for?!
A partnership between HIFF and NYWIFT, the Women Calling the Shots series gives voice to the creative visions of women through film and video, including scripted, documentary, animation and experimental works. This is the series' 19th year.
– SHORTS ONLY: Films must be 20 minutes or less in running time. (There will be no exceptions for films with extended running times.)
– Completion Date: Films must have been completed after January 31st, 2021.
– Previous submissions will not be accepted.
– Submitted films must not have been released theatrically or have received a U.S. television broadcast.
– Submitted films must not have been released publicly online prior to the festival.
– You must be a member of NYWIFT or another WIFTI chapter in order to qualify.
Submissions must be received by Friday June 24, 2022 (11:59pm Eastern Time).
(No exceptions for late submissions.)
Please Note: Submitting a film for the Women Calling the Shots showcase does not qualify it as a submission for the main slate of The Hamptons International Film Festival.
The 2022 Hamptons International Film Festival will take place October 7-16, 2022.